Alphabetize Start Menu
How To Alphabetize Your Start Menu
Have you installed new programs, but when you go to your Start Menu everything is out of order? This is a common annoyance that everyone experiences. But have no fear, there is an easy solution to get you organized once again. The following instructions are for a Windows XP computer.
1. Click on the Start Button located in the lower left hand corner.
2. When the menu appears, move your mouse up to the word “Programs”.
3. You should see another menu expand out to the right. Your screen should look like the screen shot below.
4. Move your mouse to the right onto this menu.
5. Right mouse click anywhere on this menu. You should see another menu expand to the right. Your screen should now look like the screen shot below.
6. Move your mouse to highlight the menu item labeled “Sort By Name” and left mouse-click on it.
7. Your Start Menu is now alphabetized. You should now see all of your folders and files neatly rearranged.
8. It will alphabetize folders first and then individual files. You can identify a folder by the arrow that points to the right next to the menu name. Individual files will not have an arrow and will also have a different icon.