Programming a Comcast Remote – Part 1
How To Program the Little Black Comcast Remote
How To Program Comcast DTA Remote
I thought I would start out with this tutorial. I know that it is not for computers, but it is the most recent question I have been asked and the most popular. Now, be aware that these instructions are not for the standard silver remote that comes with your cable box.
If you need instructions on how to program the silver remote you can find those here:
If you subscribe to Comcast for your cable service, you may be familiar with their upgrade that no longer allows you to hook directly to a TV. Instead, you have to use a little black box that is provided by Comcast.
This box comes with a little black remote control that can be programmed to operate your TV so you don’t have to use two separate remote controls.
I have had a lot of friends and family ask me to help them program their remotes, so I decided to write this article to offer a nice easy-to-follow guide for others who may want to program their remotes as well.
1. Before starting, make sure that the little black box is hooked up to your TV correctly and you have a picture on your TV.
2. Start by turning your TV on.
3. Press and hold the small white button labeled “Set” until the red light flashes twice.
4. Press the numbers 9-9-1 and you will see the red light flash two more times.
5. Start pressing the channel “+” button at a medium speed (not too fast!!!).
6. When your TV turns off. STOP pressing the “+” button.
7. Press the “Set” button once and you should see the red light flash twice.
8. Your remote will now turn your TV on/off, change channels and control the volume.
That’s it. I hope that was easy to follow and hopefully your table is less cluttered by remotes! Did this help you? Please feel free to provide any comments.
On a side note, sometimes this auto program method does not work with some TV models. If that is the case, please leave a comment or use the contact page to send a message and I will help you track down a code that will work!
Hey Readers! If you found this article useful, please give it a +1 below!!!!